Thursday, April 27, 2023

My cheese sauces always break, what am I doing wrong?

I have done multiple recipes using a basic bechamel sauce and adding cheese to it (Mac and Cheese, Queso dip, scalloped potatoes au gratin…) and it seems like every time I add the cheese, it breaks. Is this a ratio thing, or too high/low temp?

I’ve used extra sharp cheddar, manchego, Colby and pepper jack in various combinations or on their own. I use whole milk 90% of the time, sometimes I add some heavy cream to the bechamel if I have any on hand.

Any tips would be appreciated

submitted by /u/koajalal2
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/SrTY1Xh
via IFTTT https://href.li/?https://bit.ly/smartgadgets- https://href.li/?https://bit.ly/smart_gadgets https://href.li/?https://bit.ly/modern_gadgets https://href.li/?https://bit.ly/kitchen_toods

No comments:

Post a Comment

AI Can Solve Almost Any Homework Assignment Tonight. MIT’s August 2026 committee found AI can complete nearly all undergraduate work, urging oral exams and process portfolios over detection tools

submitted by /u/ubcstaffer123 [link] [comments] from /r/Technology https://ift.tt/FDrcMAo via IFTTT https://href.li/?ht...