Monday, May 1, 2023

Storing oil in appliance deep fryer

I have a 1 liter deep fryer I got at goodwill today (Presto brand, if it matters). I know you can reuse oil for a while, and I know it's important to filter it.

My question is about storing that oil. I've seen a lot of dubious posts online that say you can't keep it in the fryer itself. I am curious why. The fryer is self contained, dark, and would be stored in a dark area. It's vented at the top, but if that's the concern I could put plastic wrap over it first. Is there some issue with oil reacting with metal (which chemically doesn't make sense to me?)

Thank you!

submitted by /u/kaisermikeb
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/ETCekYs
via IFTTT https://href.li/?https://bit.ly/smartgadgets- https://href.li/?https://bit.ly/smart_gadgets https://href.li/?https://bit.ly/modern_gadgets https://href.li/?https://bit.ly/kitchen_toods

No comments:

Post a Comment

AI Can Solve Almost Any Homework Assignment Tonight. MIT’s August 2026 committee found AI can complete nearly all undergraduate work, urging oral exams and process portfolios over detection tools

submitted by /u/ubcstaffer123 [link] [comments] from /r/Technology https://ift.tt/FDrcMAo via IFTTT https://href.li/?ht...